Winter is the perfect time of year to invest in your lawn! Below are some simple lawn care tips for the month of January.
(1) January is the best time to prune back roses to just sticks. Cutting them back at the base of the branch for each cut leaving 12″-36? of rose branches to start growing in February and March.
(2) Olive tree spraying should be scheduled in January as well so that you don’t get olives dropping onto the ground.
(3) Turf fertilizer is important to have a good nitrogen base in order to work when temperatures get below 60 degrees at night. Also a high phosphate is important in the winter also.
(4) Keep plants protected from frost by covering them at night when temps are below 32 degrees.
(5) Finally, many fruit trees are bearing fruit. With that said, now is a great time to plant a citrus tree in January.
Need a one-time yard clean up or regular winter clean up? Hire Moar Lawn and Landscape for all your yard work. Call (480) 336-2926. We proudly serve residents in Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley, and Sun lakes.